Sorenson’s Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) services deliver invaluable visual connections and conversations between Deaf and hard-of-hearing meeting participants.
The Sorenson Teams Meeting App gives the same quality interpreting experience you’d expect from the world’s leading provider of videophone communication relay services for Deaf and hard-of-hearing sign language users.
• An inclusive and accessible meeting experience for Deaf and hard-of-hearing participants.
• On-demand access to certified ASL interpreters from within an in-progress Teams meeting. No need to leave your meeting or share a link to request an interpreter.
• Complete control of when an interpreter enters a meeting.
• Precision reporting of the interpreter’s start time and end time.
• A consistent collaborative meeting experience using a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile
How to add VRI to Microsoft Teams
Users must have a Sorenson Interpreting Account to use the Sorenson Teams App. Click here to create an account.
In Microsoft Teams click the plus sign icon to Add an app.
Search for Sorenson Intepreting.
Select Sorenson Interpreting.
In the new window, click Add to continue.
Please wait for your Sorenson account to authenticate.
NOTE: If authentication fails, please click troubleshooting to restart the process.
Select the state where the Deaf or hard-of-hearing user is located.
(This is done to comply with licensure requirements in some states.)
Click the Request an Interpreter button.
Please wait for an Interpreter to join your meeting.
Success! The Interpreter now has access to your Microsoft Teams meeting!